Reporting to the IT Manager, the « Programmer Analyst - EDI » has the following main responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership on new and existing application initiatives related to EDI.
- Primary support for all EDI related needs and inquiries.
- Develop and manage all aspects of the EDI system, including new transactions as needed.
- Analyze and code back-end systems integrations processes.
- Identify potential EDI process efficiency improvements and implement changes.
- Work with iWay (IBI) to schedule and implement system upgrades and/or software fixes as required.
- University degree and minimum of three years experience with EDI systems, or DEC plus minimum 5 years experience with EDI systems.
- Proficient in MS-SQL.
- Familiar with web service technology.
- Previous and proven experience documenting EDI processes.
- Knowledge of various EDI message formats is a must (EDIFACT, Flat Files, XML, Etc.)
- Knowledge of various EDI transmission mechanisms a must (VAN, FTP, End-to End versus Point-to-Point.)
- iWay experience a definite asset
- Good communication skills