The Database Management Specialist is the key person in acquiring and organizing data in the organization. This person works with the staff of the Information System department, the economists and the industry analysts in maintaining and developing new databases. He/she is responsible for the quality and timeliness of the data.
As a key part of a valued team, you will receive a competitive salary determined according to studies and work experience.
Key responsibilities include
- Acquiring large blocks of data from partner groups and international statistical agencies;
- Processing (formatting, quality control, etc.) the data for uploading to various platforms;
- Maintaining and developing the associated tools in particular VBA macros in Excel;
- Working with the economists and industry analysts in developing new databases;
- Continuing improvement of processes and developing new methods.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A people-oriented team player capable of working effectively alone and as part of a small group;
- Able to quickly adapt to new objectives, adjust priorities accordingly and perform under pressure in a dynamic environment;
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics or economics combined with computer programming;
- Strong knowledge of Excel, including lookup formulas and pivot tables;
- Advanced knowledge of VBA;
- Knowledge of databases and SQL languages;
- Knowledge of operating systems such as UNIX and proficiency in C and / or PERL;
- Knowledge of statistics;
- Bilingual (French necessary to converse within the office).