The storage administrator is responsible for the planning, implementation and maintenance of a diverse array of network storage within our infrastructure. The position involves careful planning and resource allocation coupled with an ability to communicate future growth projections to management. The position also involves evaluation of new technologies with an eye towards continuous environment improvement.
• Play a key role in the definition and design of data management policies, processes, and storage solutions for our enterprise. Specifically, this includes backup, replication, retention, archival, data access security, disaster recovery, and high availability.
• Play a key role in the implementation and enforcement of data management policies and processes.
• Ensure integrity of mission-critical data. This includes proactively monitoring the storage systems for problems, and verifying integrity of backup data.
• Provide monthly reporting on the performance of the space used and proactively follow up with the business on the usage of storage to ensure we always have adequate storage to meet the business requirements
• Maintain detailed data management documentation.
• Design and implement tools and processes to proactively monitor and ensure data availability, optimal access performance, and data security.
• Work with vendors and our purchasers to procure appropriate products and services.
• Stay on top of storage technology advancements in order to provide recommendations for the ongoing improvements to our storage systems.
• Excellent operating knowledge of storage technologies (specifically, network attached storage systems) and well-versed in data management best practices.
• Minimum two years experience as the key storage administrator of a mission-critical storage system consisting of at least one fiber channel SAN system (AND one NAS system).
• Linux and MS Windows system administration experience required.
• Must be able to communicate fluently in written and spoken English.
• Experience with remote data replication solutions an asset.
• Experience with NetApp, HDS storage systems, Cicso SAN Switches, and iSCSI an asset.
• Must be available to work outside of office hours and weekends.